Sunday, June 12, 2016

Sun Between Us

Youve thrown away so much
But not enough
Not enough for me
Were you wrong about me
What you thought you could tell me
What you thought I could handle
Was it really that wrong
I dont know what its like to be you
I dont know if I would be different if I was you
Maybe I would say the same things
Maybe I would do the same things
So how can I judge you
But youve come this far
Youve done all these things
Youve thrown away so much
And it was to be with me?
Are you inlove or are you reckless
Is this destiny or is this an escape
Is this the happiness you are looking for
Or is this a patch on your scars
They may seem the same
But are you running to me?
Or just running away
Is it because of me or would someone else been good too
Long as they loved you
Would you run to anyone who loved you?
Or do you run here because you love me too
Maybe the way you love me is different than what Ive known
I dont fully grasp it
I cant deny it
I cant look at you and say you dont
I cant doubt you like that
But because you love me, doesnt mean you dont hurt me
Ive hurt you too
Is this toxic love of a beautiful struggle.
This doesnt seem like a romantic story anymore
This seems like a tragedy between two people
Broken by the past and scared of the future
People who dont make good choices
They are honest, they follow their hearts
But those hearts have been broken
They dont know what they are doing
I dont know what I want
But what Im doing now isnt right
I wonder how often you think the same thing
I know you have, but that thought was long ago
When did we fall inlove
When, through my walks in the woods with my phone in had
Talking to an old friend
About the heart, always about the heart
We seen eachothers
What light did we see that we would cast away
What light convinced us that our love would overcome all our wrongs
Is the passion still there
Does a fire still burn
Does that light still shine
I dont know
But I cant let go and I cant forget
I cant ignore, im a part of this, im what pulled you
And you are what pulled me
Magnets.. more like planets, with a sun between us.
How close can we come
Or would we be burned alive.
Always feeling the pull
But it is not clean
My stomach still turns, I fear the embrace
Held at a distance rather than held in open arms
But is this just me, my conditioning
My joy being your trauma
Mistakes in communication
I want you here
Not your body, not your mind
Just your heart and your voice
Leave the world behind you
Let me see you like I seen you before
Let me see the that light
My emerald jade talisman.
Symbol of trust and bond, warm, welcoming, understanding, hearing, seeing.
Ive felt moments where we crossed lines between you and I
Where I cant tell if my thoughts are my own
Us as one, so hard to avoid when your so much the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment