Saturday, August 30, 2014

Ambition

There are many things that I wish for in life, but I don't know if I understand yet why it is so hard to make these wishes come true. I understand the means, what needs to be done. Everything basically, besides why it is hard. What is hard... When someone says a task is hard, what does it really mean? Nothing is hard in the mind of a man with ambition but what is ambition besides soul desire? How can one have desire without a life full of reasons to fuel that desire? A man works to feed his family, a great example but many of us are left without reasons to chase great things. We are well trained in running away from the things that threaten our perfect lives. But we know nothing of running to the things to make the lives perfect for our next generation. I want that ambition, I want those reasons. I want to run into the light, dumb and without fear. I need power, I lust for it and I would do anything to find it within myself the chase after the light in the sky. So high and out of reach but so close to my fingers I can feel it burning my skin. But what is the light? What is it inside that mysterious orb that I need, that I lust for. Why do I want it, what drives me to it? For what reason should I move from this very spot to acquire it besides raw curiosity. it isn't enough. What is enough? I need reasons.

No comments:

Post a Comment