Tuesday, September 13, 2016

1-2

I felt the knife plunge into my then excited but now dull heart. 
A sense of reason for things I had no reason for.
Other than claims I made, reasons I gave.
Not things I was handed but things I asked for.
Why was I here, why did I take this on?
My heart rose with reason and purpose then quickly fell again.
This world, this story was failing me.
I was no higher, I was no holier. 
I felt no clouds beneath my feet.
Only ground rough on the sole.
My excitement for challenge wanes when it's achievement leaves me with further work to do.
Still I held tightly, till i could not.
So I held loosely, till I could not.
Now I only watch from afar, around corners and through grape vines.
Seeing and feeling destruction in a garden of hope.
Through bright brilliant eyes, the sun shining behind her face.
The world waited with open arms,
Just waiting to pull her in.
All she had to do was see herself, love herself. 
You could be the sun again, the planets still revolve around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment