Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Daffodil

On a bad day I should lock myself away
I'm so fucking scared of what I might say
The people who go always out number the people who stay
I wish I could find another way but I'm not one to prey
It wasn't always like this
There was somewhere to go, someone to be.
I never thought it would be me.
The man in the mirror
How did I end up right here.
Is this my skin?
My hair?
Who even is this man standing there?
How dare he do all this and says he cares
There was never any reason but to feel something
Because he knows he's not human.
This disconnect I can hardly recollect
Through how I lost myself when I tried to vent
These vicious tales you sent me
I tried to be
Has to be
Was me
Find me
You know me
Stop trying to hide me
What is this
Catastrophe seventy three?

There's never been a day I could remember where you called my name and I didn't feel some sense of shame about the acrobatics we played with boundries. Rules and concepts lost in prospects in shit we never had business doing. But you pushed on and I lead on. Till the day when you jumped on.

Right then and there I knew
Who you are
What you do
And I'm just like you
No moral
No self control

No fuck it, its gone
My little golden ball
Rolled right off the lawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment