Monday, January 1, 2018

Being young was different

A message to women about "The First Move".
As a male, I'm making the statement that 'No' we should not have to make the first move, because I will not.
I have always made the first move.
I was the first to tell you how beautiful you are.
I was the first to ask for your number
I was first to ask you out
I was first to lean in for the kiss
I was the first to reach for your hand
I was the first to say I love you
I was the first to tell you how much I cared about you.
Even though, I made sure to be the first, just so you know it meant something to me to not leave you waiting and wondering how I felt. I wanted you to know so you wouldn't have to wonder, so you could feel safe and secure.
Despite this I encounter silence. You do not see the amount of importance I see in assuring you never have to wonder if I still love you, so why must I wait and wonder how you feel and how you care. Why wont you say the things I cant wait to tell you.
Everytime I made the first move, I was the first to get hurt.
I was the first to not hear you say you wanted to see me again.
I was the first waiting for your hand to reach for mine.
I was the first waiting for you to say you loved me, without me saying it first.
I was the first to wonder why you wouldn't smile when I said your name.
Any men who have seen or been through what I have understand, we don't want to make the first move, we are tried of being the first to get hurt, the first to be kept in the dark, the first to be lied to, the first to be dissapointed, the first to be chested on and the first to know when you are leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment